This page outlines my not yet published research. PDF copies of pieces under review are provided below. For copies of my published research, please see my Research page. For copies of articles not yet under review, please contact me and I will share – however rough they remain!
Practicing Peace: Conflict Management in Southeast Asia and South America.
- Manuscript under review with Oxford University Press (since January 2020). External reader reviews have been delayed as a result of the myriad challenges of the pandemic. The publishing prospectus is available here: PDF.
Stéphanie Martel and Aarie Glas, “The Contested Meaning-Making of Diplomatic Norms: Competence in Practice in Southeast Asian Multilateralism.” Under review. PDF.
- An early version of this article won two awards at ISA Asia-Pacific (2019): “Best Paper” and “Best New Scholar.”
Aarie Glas and Marion Laurence, “Norms, Practices, and Global Governance: Non-Interference and the Evolution of Conflict Management Practices.” Under review. PDF.
Aarie Glas, “Diplomacy in the ASEAN.” in Patrick James (ed.). Oxford Bibliographies in International Relations. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Under view
Aarie Glas, “‘This is not the 90s’: Change in ASEAN’s normative order.”
- Article in progress. Presented at OCIS 2020. Being revised for ISA 2021.
Steven Bernstein, Aarie Glas, and Marion Laurence,“Norms, Practices, and Social Change in International Politics.”
- Article in progress. To be presented at ISA 2021.
Aarie Glas and Alesha Porisky, “Insiders, Outsiders, and Credible Visitors in Elite Interviewing.”
- Article in progress. To be presented at APSA 2021.
Aarie Glas and Jessica Soedirgo, “Reflexive Methodologies and Methods.”
- Invited chapter (and section associate editor) for Janet M. Box-Steffensmeier, Valeria Sinclair-Chapman, and Dino Christenson (eds.) Oxford Handbook of Methodological Pluralism. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Chapter in progress. Proposed for APSA 2021.
Alesha Porisky, Emily M. K. Scott, and Aarie Glas, “The Role of Identity and Contestation in Norm Change.”
- Article in progress.